An intergenerational approach to Orff-Schulwerk for churches, schools, music camps, and community centers.
- "It's the book I recommend first to all who inquire about Orff-Schulwerk in the church" International Orff-Schulwerk Consultant.
- "Your Sacred Schulwerk book is beautiful and full of such interesting music and ideas!" National Orff-Schulwerk Consultant
- "It's wonderful to have new and appropriate resources for our church program." Church Orff-Schulwerk Musician.
- 25 NEW Rhythmic texts for improvisation, teaching ideas and values, and for meditation and spiritual growth through music-making
- 13 NEW pieces – original works and arrangements of traditional hymn tunes for Performance – with parts extracted
- Suggestions for presentation and teaching, instrumentation, and use in the church service, education, and social programs.
- 5 pages of Introductory material for Program Development – written in short bulleted sections and clearly outlined for each reference
- For children, youth, and adults of all ages – multigenerational
- Mix age groups for new and creative intergenerational music-making
- For Protestant and Catholic traditions – ecumenical and inter-faith
- Use and adapt some of the material for use in Jewish traditions and secular events
- Emphasis on creative thinking through improvisation and composition
- Permission to copy for use at one site
- Parts extracted for most Performance Pieces
- Copy full score for other short pieces
- Spiral binding and high quality paper. 74 pages.
- Standard 8 ½ x 11 inch landscape pages for easy copying
- No page turns
- Space to write in the non-pitched percussion ideas developed by the group
- Blank manuscript pages inserted for teacher’s convenience – and avoid page turns
- Guitar chords
Sacred Schulwerk - List of Resources
- Program Development – pages 1-3
Improvisation and Meditation – pages 4-13
- Discussion for Leaders
- 25 Rhythmic Texts for creative improvisation
Anytime, Any Day, Morning, Evening, Colors of the Rainbow, Anywhere I Go, Every Day, All the Time, This is the Church, Happy is the Child, I am Glad, See the People, Alligators, Running in the Field, This is the Day, Sing to the Lord, Whatever Things, When the Sun, Praise the Lord, In the Busy-ness of Living, When the Skies Turns, Be Still and Know, In Prayer, May the Light of God, I Delight, Blessed is the One, May the Peace, Welcome the Spirit.
- 3 Melodies for Orchestration by Leader and Players – pages 14 -16
- Pieces for Performance with parts extracted for copying– pages 18 – 71
Ready to Serve, Come, Spirit, Come, Thou Fount, An American Hymn Tune, Welcome to our Church, A Variation on Arfon, Whatever We Have, At the Table, Joyful Mallets, Vesper Hymn, Joy-Hope-Peace, Joyful, Joyful, Silent Night, Away in a Manger.